60 years of Dow
celebrating the mathematics
of Alan Dow
December 6–9, 2014
Alan Dow has made deep contributions to set-theoretic topology and has been one of few researchers to pioneer new techniques in set theory which were directly motivated by fundamental topological problems. This conference aims to bring together the different areas of research relating to Professor Dow’s work on compactness, convergence, and their relation to set theory and forcing.
This is a special meeting of the Mid-Atlantic Mathematical Logic Seminar (MAMLS). Support for the meeting is provided by the National Science Foundation.
- Alexander Arhangelskii, Ohio University
- Todd Eisworth, Ohio University
- Klaas Pieter Hart, Delft University of Technology
- Istvan Juhasz, Alfréd Rényi Institute of Mathematics
- Piotr Koszmider, Polish Academy of Sciences
- Arnold Miller, University of Wisconsin
- Juris Steprans, York University
- Stevo Todorcevic, University of Toronto and University of Paris VII
- Jan van Mill, Vrije Universiteit
Talks will be held in 406 Malott Hall. The 5th floor lounge will be available for coffee breaks. Participants will have lunch on their own.
|9:30 a.m.||Arhangelskii||Juhasz||van Mill|
|10:00 a.m.||coffee break|
|11:00 a.m.||coffee break||coffee break||coffee break||Steprans|
|12:00 p.m.||Blass||end of
|12:30 p.m.||lunch break||lunch break||lunch break|
|3:30 p.m.||Weiss||coffee break|
|4:00 p.m.||coffee break||Todorcevic||coffee/reception|
|4:30 p.m.||Larson||Rudin prize
Dinner Party – December 6
All are invited to a dinner party at Justin Moore’s house at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, December 6th.
- Michael Hrusak, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
- Justin Moore, Cornell University
Additional invited talks will be given as well. (There will be no contributed talks.)
To register (free) and for more information, visit: