The Fifteenth Asian Logic Conference will be held in Daejeon, Korea during July 10 – 14, 2017. It will be the first Asian Logic Conference since its status changed from an ASL(the Association for Symbolic Logic)-sponsored meeting to an official ASL meeting by ASL Council action in May 2016.
The Asian Logic Conference (ALC) is a major international event in mathematical logic. It features the latest scientific developments in the fields in mathematical logic and its applications, logic in computer science, and philosophical logic. The ALC series also aims to promote mathematical logic in the Asia-Pacific region and to bring logicians together both from within Asia and elsewhere to exchange information and ideas.
From 1981 to 2008, the Asian Logic Conference has been held triennially and rotated among countries in the Asia-Pacific region. The previous meetings took place in Singapore (1981), Bangkok (1984), Beijing (1987), Tokyo (1990), Singapore (1993), Beijing (1996), Hsi-Tou (1999), Chongqing (2002), Novosibirsk (2005), and Kobe (2008). In 2008, the East Asian and Australasian Committees of the Association for Symbolic Logic decided to shorten the three-year cycle to two. The new two-year cycle began with the meeting in Singapore (2009), and subsequent meetings have been held in Wellington (2011), Guangzhou (2013), and Mumbai (2015).
Some of the previous meetings’ websites can be found HERE.
- Johann Makowsky (Technion IIT, Israel)
- Sara Negri (University of Helsinki, Finland)
- Yinhe Peng (University of Toronto, Canada)
- Katrin Tent (University of Münster, Germany)
- Kwangkeun Yi (Seoul National University, Korea)
- Yimu Yin (Sun Yat-sen University, China)
- Liang Yu (Nanjing University, China)
- Yizheng Zhu (University of Münster, Germany)
Special Session in Set Theory
- Yurii Khomskii (University of Hamburg, Germany)
- Paul Larson (Miami University, USA)
- Diego Mejía (Shizuoka University, Japan)
- Hiroshi Sakai (Kobe University, Japan)
May 12, 2017 : Deadline for contributed talk applications.
May 29, 2017 :
Deadline for the payment of reduced registration fee by bank transfer. (After this date, registration fee will no longer be accepted by bank transfer. Only on-site payment (in cash) of standard registration fee will be accepted during the first day of conference.)
Notification of the result of contributed talk applications.
June 30, 2017 (or when there are 120 registered participants before this date) : Registration closes.
July 10 – 14, 2017 : Conference